dimanche 20 juin 2010

Léa's study in France


Hello everyone, this is Léa's mom, Mari.

I just wanted to show you what Léa has been working on at her school in France. It's about Father's Day (this Sunday in France). Léa's dad will translate it in the comment. In French schools, kids learn to write only in CURSIVE, connecting letters. Léa has to learn French words, then write them in cursive. In two short weeks I think she did pretty well, would you agree?? :)

Cheers,
Léa's mom.

ps. Here's Léa this weekend, playing in a park behind Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris with French kids.

3 commentaires:

  1. This is Léa's dad. Since I'm asked to translate, first it reads:

    "Papounet tu m'aimes et je t'aime
    Près de moi tu es une pierre précieuse
    Pour moi tu seras toujours là pour moi
    Parce que tu es mon dieux chéri[s]
    Pendant que tu travailles je m'ennuie de toi
    Puisque c'est ta fête voici mon coeur"

    Translation:

    "Daddy you love me and I love you
    Close to me you are a gemstone
    For me you will always be here for me
    Because you are my dear god
    When you are at work I miss you
    Since this is your special day here is my heart"

    Thank you, dear Léa!

    (And thanks to her brother Téo, who also had a gift for me, I love you both very much!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. ps. Just to add, it was Father's Day here in France this Sunday.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your cursive is beautiful, Lea! I'm sure Ms. Simon will be happy to know you're practicing your cursive--in FRENCH, no less. We're very proud of you, as usual. I'm also a little jealous of all of your adventures...all of the things you've been able to experience. Thank you and thanks to your family for sharing them with us!

    Here's a note, by the way, from Uhuru and Angelica, that they wrote at the end of last week. The rest of the class will catch up with you (by reading your blog) on Monday! Take care. Ms. Andrepont

    HI LEA :) IT'S UHURU :) hi it's angelica HOW YA BEEN? PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEACH YOUR BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE WRITE BACK :) :) :) :) :) I'LL MAKE YOU LVL 3,245-3,750 MAX!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON :) UHURU ZO MANANA IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer